Wednesday, July 29, 2015

WIP Wednesdays and Lando


"For we are God's handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do" Eph 2:10 NIV

My friend and sister in Christ, Claudia shared that verse with me yesterday and I thought it would be a great verse to share today :) If we have our faith in Jesus, we should want to do good works, not that works will save us, because our faith in Jesus Christ saves us but we should show love to others  :) 

anyways... back to blogging! again.. I have missed it so trying to get back on a routine and I thought what a better way was to jump back in and do some linky parties that I used to play in!  Today, Lee over at Freshly Pieced has a WIP (works in progress) Wednesdays I have followed her blog for a few years now and I miss doing her WIP Wednesdays, so today I am sharing my WIP, Its a quilt I recently started, using the Moda Bake Shop tutorial Fancy: A jelly Roll lap quilt, that was made by Keera over at Live Love Sew, I am totally copying her fabric and everything :) I just love her patterns and tutorials :)  so here is what I have done so far... still lots to do but its a start right? 


Can't wait to finish this quilt... I really like the Happy Go Lucky line and have been hoarding the jelly roll for quite some time :) Go check out the other beautiful projects the gals are working on!

also yesterday, I went to Flagstaff to go ride the (possible) new horse,  Lando!  it went well and I am really excited to keep going there to see if he and I will work well together :) that ride gave me a spark back that I haven't had too much since Speedy died.  :) I get so emotional that I actually have the chance to adopt Lando, what is so special is that Lando is Speedys son! amazing how God works :) isn't Lando beautiful? 


He has such soft eyes :)


Jim surprised me with an Ipad Air when I got home too!!!!!! so I best pick out some fabric to make a new Ipad case!



4 comments:

Unknown said...

Lovely fabric collection!

Dana Gaffney said...

I'm so happy to hear you went to visit Lando and you're getting along. I knew this was meant to be :)

Dee said...

There are no coincidences, dear soul! How awesome to have that connection to a special friend.

I hope you get back to blogging more. I miss your delicious posts and projects! Is that a zig-zag quilt?

Are you on Instagram?

Love and huge hugs!

Dianne said...

You are a happy spot in my every day!