Sunday, August 10, 2014

Pets on Quilts Show 2014



okay so I am so excited to be finally participating in this years  Pets on Quilts Show 2014 taking place over at Lily Pad Quilting
Let me introduce you to Speedy

Isn't he beautiful?  and look at that sweet face! Speedy is my dream come true and my dream guy :) 
here is Speedy and I on one of our morning walks


A lot was going on last year and  I was too late making it happen to participate but I wanted to really remember to do it this year with Speedy, thanks to my sweet friend Dana helping me out!  This year was especially important for me to be a part of it, see, 4 months ago, I had a tumble off Speedy (which is not normal for him to freak out but something wasn't right with him)  and from that point on, the road went downhill for him, he started getting sick, with a bunch of tests later  Speedy was diagnosed with Lymphoma (cancer)   :(   Right now he is doing good, he is holding his weight, he still acts naughty at times, which is a good sign for him! ha!  but its been so hot here in AZ to be able to work him and see what he is capable of, we got for walks and such though and he has been more loveable more than normal ;) which I like!

anyways, we brought Speedy out to the front yard and  he was quite the gentleman and putting up with us taking pictures and laying quilts on him. So hard to choose a favorite, geez I took so many! but thinking I narrowed it down to this picture :)

here are some others...(don't worry, I wont share them ALL!)


patiently waiting for us to be done! 

Here he is looking at me like "are we done yet?"

and no worries...Speedy was paid for his time and patience with lots of love and horse cookies :)

thanks for playing along and go check out the other quilters pictures with their amazing animals over at Lily Pad Quilting!
love of love from Leslie and Speedy 
"other animal on quilt category"






18 comments:

ValerieH said...

Speedy is beautiful and makes quite a good quilt model! Best wishes for his health.

Dana Gaffney said...

Yea Speedy, I'm so happy to see you here. He looks wonderful in that beautiful quilt, posing like a pro. Hugs to both of you :)

Missy Shay said...

Speedy is so adorable! What a good friend!

Sandra said...

I hope he has a full recovery.

Lara B. said...

Leslie, I love that you put your wonderful red and cream quilt on Speedy! My gosh what a beauty he is! Just one look in his eyes and i am in love!

Jan said...

Speedy is soooo patient. Love the quilt, too.

Lisa said...

What a great and good friend you have in Speedy! He is so handsome too. Beautiful quilt.

Helen in the UK said...

I liked the 'are we done yet' picture the best! What a handsome boy, hope he continues to do well with his treatment :)

Carol Swift said...

That is just the sweetest looking horse...he's beautiful! Love the quilt, too!

Melissa said...

What a patient boy! He's beautiful!

Loris said...

What a sweetheart! Speedy is beautiful and such personality. His eyes are gorgeous! I'm happy he is doing well these days. I will be praying for continued health for him.
Such a great photo shoot for a beautiful quilt and gorgeous horse!

Helen@Till We Quilt Again said...

Can Speedy come over and play! Love your Quilt!

Carla said...

What a beautiful quilt Speedy is modeling. That is a great way to photograph your quilts.

sew.darn.quilt said...

Speedy is such a handsome fellow and looking very dapper with your gorgeous quilt!

Susie said...

Speedy is a beautiful horse. Treacle has a real affinity with horses and I don't know why as we don't have one, but she loves them. If any ride past when we are on a walk she always stops to say hello! Love the quilt too. Forget seeing all the lovely animals that this is about the quilts too!!!! Hugs, Susie x

Anonymous said...

Beautiful horse and a great quilt model. I will pray he beats the cancer and stays healthy.

Ruth said...

lovely photos - here's wishing Speedy a full recovery

Debby said...

Speedy and his quilt are beautiful. Best wishes for Speedy and good health