Tuesday, October 19, 2010

My creative (pigsty) space and sew scraps along

okay...I NEED to get organized to be able to finish creating the Christmas gifts I have started and to be able to keep creating for the heck of it! this is what happens when you try to redo your whole room and not finish it for months, when you try to cram so many different hobbies into one small room, I think my room is 10X10..... prepare yourself.... it's quite scary....just sayin...... I am only sharing these pictures for accountability purposes! I figure if I embarrass the heck out of myself somehow it will help, Lord I hope it helps....Dianne you with me?!! hee hee oh and help me decide on a new color for my room too! maybe a blue this time? or a simple beige so I can change out the curtain or colors?!!

my fabric, oh my.... there is other fabric that is scattered around the room and in piles, I just didn't show it all to you :)
why when I pull some fabric out I don't keep it neat?! I really need to find a better system that works for me!
also on the bottom shelf is most of my scrapbooking papers, does anyone really need that much?!! apparently I do :)


my sewing/computer area...I just got this really nice table at a yard sale for $20 and loved the idea of having my sewing machine and computer next to each other but the table is deep so I collect a lot of "stuff" behind that whole area...once again...need to find a better system and not allow anything there except my sewing feet and that cute 3 teird basket :)

my built in cabinets! LOVE them, why don't I keep them uncluttered? most the time you can actually see the counters, most of the time.... lol this is where I do most of my scrapbooking, I just have so much stuff from so many years of scrapbooking... I seriously *might* belong on that show hoarders! LOL my space is clean I just have so much of it :)

Please hold me accountable! LOL


also Jodi at Pleasant Home is starting a Sew Scraps Along and I hope this will help and motivate me also.
You should go visit her site also,she is posting some scrappy projects and they will  help you use up those scraps but she is also linking to other gals who are doing some giveaways of fabric scraps on their blogs. How nice huh? very generous people out there!

wish me luck on this room! hee hee :)

3 comments:

Jodi Nelson said...

Thanks for the mention! ;o) ooxx`jodi

Dianne said...

Oh I love you Les!!!!!!!!! Glad you're motivating me to un-hoard all my stashes. How in the world did we get so much STUFF????????????????

Dee said...

thanks for the link...heading there soon!

as for organization, totes, cute storage boxes and baskets from Joann's, Hobby Lobby etc.

just moved my space into the den from the sunroom and wishing I had the room you have!

how about a soft yellow for paint?