Friday, July 15, 2016

what I am working on now

 just a post to get my blog going again ;)  (common words said around here on this blog! haha!)  thank you to my friend Diana over at Stamping With Di always encourages me to blog.. so I am officially doing it (again!). (ps... Diana does Stampin Up, and if you need any products, SHE is your go to gal! she will take care of you whether you are buying products or if you choose to become a demonstrator, seriously go check her out!) AND if my friend Dana  over at Stormy Days  will flip out if she finds out I actually did a blog post!
Thought I would show you what i am working on, I have saved this Flower Girl quilt kit from Bonnie and Camille for years and was fortunate to find it before the prices were crazy on it! FINALLY started it, I have 9 blocks done and just 11 more to go, saying I love it, would be an understatement!


Camille of Bonnie and Camille posted a flag quilt and everyone went crazy over it and she decided to write up a quick pattern for it, I jumped on the band wagon and sewed up my top, pretty darn fast I must say!  I am going to piece all the colors from the front to make the backing, my sweet friend Di, who is my biggest encourager and enabler when it comes to quilting :) she gave me the idea  :) love ya, Di!


I have always loved the cathedral window block, it has ALWAYS intimidated me terribly until Missouri Quilt Co came up with a tutorial to simplify it, its totally doable and uses a lot of fabric BUT the outcome is amazing! this one will just be a throw size, but I am anxious to work on it! If you would like to see the tutorial, go Missouri Quilt Co Cathedral Window Tutorial


I have so many WIPs, its not even funny. I also am starting another quilt with my friend Diane, and then my friend Di, made an amazing black/white/creme/red quilt and I need to copy it, pronto! it will help me step into the more modern side of quilting :)  Plus she is dragging me into learning how to do English Paper Piecing (EPP) YES I have several friends (and a sis) named Diane or Diana or Dianne :)
so I will share those new quilts next time and also show some orders that I have done recently and talk about my little sewing business soon.
hugs!


3 comments:

donna said...

So happy you are back to blogging Leslie. Your blocks are awesome. I have been wanting to the catherdal window. Tried it once and it went into the trash can. lol! I will have to look up the tutorial. Thank you for sharing.
Hugs
donna

Dianne said...

LES!!!!!
I just saw this! How cute are you. :)

QUILT LIKE THE WIND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Love those! I've always wanted a hand made quilt! I have to suffice with my stamping and the gorgeous costumes that my hubby sews! :)

YOu're super talented my dear!