Friday, January 14, 2011

Pieces...

Pieces of life (Jim & Zach), home, school, sewing, scrapbooking, computer.....all are keeping me so busy! I love it all  and sooo thoroughly blessed!  not enough sewing going on and definetly not enough scrapbooking (I really miss it!) and not as much running as I need and should be doing! but those are all secondary to God, my family and keeping up my home :) school is going good, I love it and like I always say, it's hard and very challenging but so fun learning something I love! then there is the computer, which I let take too much of my time!

for those few of you that read my little blog, you like my new banner? isn't that little bird so cute?!!Michelle designed it for me and she also did an etsy banner (in case I ever get brave enough to open up shop!) Thanks again Michelle! you are such a sweetie for everything! check out Michelles portfolio

A few things I wanted to blog about is my one little word for 2011, I have thought about a few different words to choose right before the new year started and this year my word is going to be STRONG.  Last year it was intentional. I have so much work to do in my personal areas of life to be strong in and I know if I completly rely on God, I know I can do all the things I want to do in life :) Just like one of my favorite verses, Phil 4-13  "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."

Now on to the craftyness!

                                {postage stamp quilt along.}

a quilt a long! PS I quilt - quilt a long I am doing! I acutally decided to do the same fabric that she is using, why? because I LOVE everything that Sweetwater produces! look at this yummy sunkissed fabric!

                                 Sunkissed Jelly Roll by Sweetwater for Moda Fabrics, 40 2.5 inch strips

It's going to be paired with another Moda Bella Solid White Jelly Roll and the backing and binding will be these fabrics

                                                                  backing
                                 Sunkissed by Sweetwater for Moda Fabrics - Meadow Sweet in Ivory 1 Yard

                                                                 binding
                                Sunkissed Picnic Plaid Limeade

I am a little behind this week starting it due to me ordering it late but I will hopefully play catch up next week :) Don't laugh Di, I will do this one! hee hee!

Another craft challenge I want to do is the Craft book Challenge, anyone of my crafty friends know that love buying any craft related book, from scrapbooking to sewing to embroidery (my latest crafty adventure!)
anyways, I figure I can do that challenge plus use up fabric and all my scrapbooking paper, join me!!! lets encourage each other!!!

Anyways, enough babbling!

4 comments:

Dee said...

I enjoy the "babbling"! Love hearing what is going on in your life and what you're doing!

The new quilt will be beautiful. I love the Sunkissed line and the gingham is so sweet!

Be strong in your weakness...let Him be your all in all.

Mrs. Bukovan and Miss Rossi said...

Love the pretty colors of the quilt!! Love your word for 2011. I think mine is "happy". Not that I'm not already, but it's such a "happy" word. LOL
You definitely need to open up a shop, Les. You have tons of fans and I know it will be a big success. :)

Love the new banner too!

April :) said...

So glad to see a new post, I also enjoy hearing about what is going on with you. We see each other too far between. Or something like that! I LOVE your new quilt endeavor. Like you, I am a huge fan of Sweetwater, so I don't blame you wanting to use their fabric!

I have decided that my word this year is ENJOY! I want to enjoy everything that happens. I envision 2011 being a great year!

Hope to talk to you soon! Take care!

April :)

Dianne said...

Yay Les!!!!!!!!!! Your quilt will be fabulous!
And your new header is ADORABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I will be doing MANY crafts out of all these craft books I have this year!